Here’s The UK’s Top 5 Selling Games Of 2013, Units Sold, Comparison To 2012
The United Kingdom is one of game industry’s largest targeted territories. Popular franchises like FIFA and Grand Theft Auto have done extremely well across the pond historically, and 2013 seems to continue that trend. Here’s the top five selling games of 2013 (UK) and how many units they sold. If they’re annualized releases, we’ll also compare them to their 2012 sales figures.
2013 Top 5 Selling Titles (UK)
- Grand Theft Auto V , Rockstar Games – 3,670,234
- FIFA 14, EA – 2,656,763
- Call of Duty: Ghosts, Infinity Ward – 1,991,994
- Battlefield 4, EA – 838,869
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Ubisoft -776,888
2012 annualized release comparison
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Activision Blizzard – 2,672,364
- FIFA 13, Electronic Arts – 2,601,877
- Assassin’s Creed III, Ubisoft – 886,198
As you can see, only FIFA managed to match their 2012 numbers. The Call of Duty series has taken a huge hit in sales, falling nearly 700K sales short of their 2012 number. Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed series managed to come much closer to their 2012 mark. If we track back to 2011 and look at Battlefield 3’s numbers (1,186,895) we also discover that the franchise had lost some steam in 2013; no doubt due to the many issues that plagued the online experience.
The most telling fact about these numbers seems to be franchise fatigue. FIFA will continue to do well in the UK as Soccer is the predominant sport in the country, but other annual releases continue to slip.
Thanks to GAF mod Nirolak for the contribution!
Latest posts by Dylan Zellmer (see all)
- Watch John Wick Chapter 2 (2017) Movie Online Streaming & Download – April 10, 2014
- Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut Xbox One Review – April 8, 2014
- Mercenary Kings PC/PS4 Review – April 5, 2014