2K Sports Reveals The WWE 2K14 Season Pass Goodies
In the final days of October 2K Sports will release their first licensed WWE game. For years the franchise had been under the care of THQ. As we all know, that came to a very unceremonious end. I couldn’t have asked for, or envisioned a better home for the WWE franchise moving forward. Based on the past two or three installments in the annual franchise, WWE 2K14 has a real opportunity to come out swinging and make 2K Sports’ first pro-wrestling outing a success.
The season pass is becoming a prevalent tool for publishers to wring some extra cash out of a title post-release. As a consumer when you purchase a season pass there’s a good percentage of the time that you’re effectively “buying blind”. In other cases there’s just no real value to the $15-20 add-on content. I applaud 2K for tipping their hand and giving us some real insight as to what our additional $19.99 will net us.
nWo Pack and Accelerator
- nWo-themed Superstars: Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, Syxx, Curt Hennig, Scott Steiner, The Giant
- Accelerator, enables players to unlock all in-game items and customize superstar attributes
- The accelerator is planned for launch day release ($1.99) with the nWo pack ($8.99) scheduled for November 2013. The Giant will be free to all players.
WWE Superstars and Moves
- Superstars: Fandango, Big E. Langston
- Divas: Brie Bella, Nikki Bella, Summer Rae
- More than 30 moves and taunts including the Black Widow and Koji Clutch
- This is planned for December 2013 for $7.99. Summer Rae will be free to all players.
WWE Legends and Creations
- WWE Hall of Famers: Bruno Sammartino, “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes
- Superstars: “Ravishing” Rick Rude, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, Virgil
- Custom superstar pack with 15 new parts
- This content is slated for January 2014 at an a la carte price of $8.99. Virgil will be free to all players.
Players that purchase the season pass will receive Kevin Nash and Scott Hall in their Outsider themed gear.
WWE games have always been about creating new things and re-creating your favorite moments from the long history of the organization. building custom characters and reshaping the landscape of wrestling’s most successful brand is one of the things I’ve always found appealing in the WWE series. But there are times you just can’t get things perfect when trying to bring your favorite legend back to life. This is one of the very few times I’m actually thankful of add-on characters. Adding WWE legends and more contemporary superstars at a later time helps to prolong the experience and fill out an already impressive roster.
WWE 2K14 is heading to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on October 29th.
Latest posts by Dylan Zellmer (see all)
- Watch John Wick Chapter 2 (2017) Movie Online Streaming & Download – April 10, 2014
- Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut Xbox One Review – April 8, 2014
- Mercenary Kings PC/PS4 Review – April 5, 2014