New Call of Duty: Ghosts Campaign Details
It looks like several new details on Call of Duty: Ghosts‘ single player campaign have been let out of the bag today thanks to folks over at IGN. You can glean a summarized version of them below, as well as two new screenshots.
- Storyline follow one playable protagonist (and his brother)
- US was ravaged by a “mass event” (not WWIII)
- Completely new conflict (no ties whatsoever to Modern Warfare series)
- The use of Ghost’s mask is pure fan service according to Infinity Ward
- Done with cliche Russian “threat”; players face “resource rich” states (oil abundant South American nations)
- IGN demo shows “No Man’s Land” level (San Diego, desolate wasteland, destroyed infrastructure)
- No Man’s Land emphasizes stealth; player must navigate contested terrain
- One area has you taking out enemies in gas masks+hazmat suits surveying several mile-wide crater
- Covert combat was distinctly reminiscent of “All Ghillied Up (COD4)
- Your service dog accompanies you
- More than just an AI companion, it’s a remote recon scout
- Can be controlled via a tablet-like viewfinder (based off real life Navy Seals)
- In the real-world field, SEALS outfit highly trained dogs with periscope-like camera and specialized earpiece; allows team to see/hear everything dog does
- You can control the dog in-game; can lunge at enemy’s throats
- You can bark to lure enemies into view
The second demo shown was quite a bit different than the one above.
- Underwater level
- Actual battles take place underwater
- Enemy divers submerge from above from boats
- Underwater assault rifle (real life Russian APS rifle)
- Intimate use of cover underwater, behind rocks and reefs
- Verticality in the level; get an elevated shot or dodge
- Enemy subs use sonar blasts which cause damage to the player and cause tremors in the environment
- Player must swim from cover to cover
- Destroy the enemy sub with portable torpedo-like explosive
We like what we’re hearing so far. The guys over at Infinity Ward are well known for their talent in creating some fun, action packed games and we’re pretty excited to see where else they’re going with Ghosts. Mark your clocks too because Infinity Ward is hosting a 30 minute early pre-E3 reveal tomorrow including gameplay footage and more over at the official Call of Duty: Ghosts website.
Call of Duty: Ghosts is set to release this holiday on Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, and PC.
And remember for everything E3, keep your eyes focused here at iGR!