iGR One Sheet Preview – Telltale Games’ Poker Night 2
Prior to their Walking Dead success, Telltale Games was known for it’s portrayal of less depressing stories. The studio does an amazing job creating adventure games out of great source material. Back to the Future was full of humor and nostalgia, and the original Poker Night at the Inventory had you opposite Team Fortress 2’s hulking Heavy. In Poker Night 2, the talent roster spans television, movies, and gaming respectively.
When talking about Poker Night 2 Telltales CEO, Dan Connors, is excited to “..revisit our roots after the success of The Walking Dead. People might not know that we have a strong history of humor in our games and players are going to find a lot of laughs in Poker Night 2,”
In Poker Night 2 you’ll be pulling up a chair next to insanity in many forms, be it flesh, or mechanical. You’ll be occupying the fifth seat at the table, and rubbing elbows with the likes of:
- Claptrap and his maniacal low self esteem.
- Brock Samson will take a break from destroying the Venture families foes.
- Ash Williams will likely remind the table he has a Boomstick.
- Sam leaves Max at home because he has a horrible poker face.
The establishment chosen for this colorful get together happens to be Moxxi’s, another Borderlands allum. She provides the venue and table service for Poker Night 2, and GLaDOS will ensure no one is winning from underneath the table with his unyielding glare.
Poker Night 2 will offer game unlocks for Borderlands 2, Team Fortress 2, Xbox 360 Avatars, and XMB themes for the Playstation 3.
Look for Telltale Games’ Poker Night 2 on PC, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Mac.
UPDATE: Poker Night at the Inventory 2 will release tomorrow, 4/24 on the Xbox 360, 4/26 on Steam, 4/30 on the Playstation 3, and a tentative 5/1 for the EU PS3 release.
Latest posts by Dylan Zellmer (see all)
- Watch John Wick Chapter 2 (2017) Movie Online Streaming & Download – April 10, 2014
- Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut Xbox One Review – April 8, 2014
- Mercenary Kings PC/PS4 Review – April 5, 2014