Kickstarter Projects You Should Pay Attention To #4
This marks the month anniversary of our Kickstarter Spotlight article. Two of our projects we’ve highlighted have already reached their respective goals, ones right at the finish line, and our newest is just beginning.
Battle Worlds: Kronos – KING Art Games – Bremen, Germany
KING Art Games has met not only their initial goal, but their first stretch goal as well. There’s still plenty of time left on their Kickstarter-campaign, and Battle Worlds: Kronos is well on the way to meeting the second set of stretch goals. The second stretch goal tier includes an iOS, Android, and OUYA port! We recently had some time to catch up with Colin Gilzean, the producer for Battle Wars: Kronos, and have him answer some questions about their wildly successful Kickstarter-campaign.
Head over to Battle Worlds: Kronos’ Kickstarter-Campaign
CONSORTIUM – Interdimensional Games – Vancouver, Canada
CONSORTIUM is just 5% short of it’s Kickstarter goal with a week to go. As we’ve mentioned before CONSORTIUM aims to give the player an unprecedented amount of control over Bishop Six, the players avatar. Interdimensional Games has plans to support the Oculus Rift, and implement it as part of the CONSORTIUM experience if able.
Head over to the CONSORTIUM Kickstarter-campaign
Divinity: Original Sin – Larian Studios – Sacramento, Ca
Larian Studios has already met their initial goal for Divinity: Original Sin. Now it’s time for them to focus on some of their stretch goals. Divinity: Original Sin summarized:
- Divinity:Original Sin is an Isometric cRPG.
- You can play in single player mode but also in cooperative multiplayer mode
- It’s a real epic CRPG so even in multiplayer, you’re engaging in much more than just combat and item fever. A nifty cooperative dialog system, a highly reactive world, a deep character development system and plenty of choice and consequence situations see to that.
- You can create your own RPG adventures with our powerful RPG editor andshare or play them with friends
- Combat is very tactical. It is turn-based and features things like skill and spell combos, attacks of opportunity, action points and much more.
- Exploration is greatly rewarded.
- You can develop your character(s) to fit your playstyle using our classless skill and stats system.
- There are countless item interactions and item combinations waiting to be discovered.
- No Divinity game is complete without music composed by the brilliant Kirill Pokrovsky.
Head over to the Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter-campaign
Sektor 58 – Crowdcell Ltd – London, UK
Crowdcell Ltd is aiming to recreate the Action RTS and add some light RPG elements. The UK based developer wants to produce a single player campaign and multiplayer component. Here’s a brief summary of some game elements and plot details:
- This is an Action RTS with RPG elements.
- Save your home planet from annihilation.
- Command a battalion of Drones, Droids, Troopers & other bots.
- Take part in inter-planetary missions to destroy the enemy.
- Engage in massive fire fights and cyber-hacking.
- Develop strategy and battle management skills.
- Both Single and Multi-player gameplay will be available.
- (Almost) immediate Alpha access for Kickstarter backers.
- For PC, Mac, Linux… and OUYA
- HUGE possibilities for game expansion.
Head over to Sektor 58′s Kickstarter-campaign
Well that’s it for this week, we’ve outlined some fantastic projects for your consideration. KING Art Games was also nice enough to contribute to our April Contest where we give away some great merchandise to our community.
Latest posts by Dylan Zellmer (see all)
- PlayStation Exclusive ‘Pavilion’ Devs Are “Sticking With PlayStation” – April 10, 2014
- Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut Xbox One Review – April 8, 2014
- Mercenary Kings PC/PS4 Review – April 5, 2014