Kickstarter Projects You Should Pay Attention To #3
It’s time for iGR to once again circle the wagons to talk about some very appealing, and deserving Kickstarter campaigns. Our first two projects will be updates, and we’ve also chosen a brand new project to highlight. Here we go:
Battle Worlds: Kronos – KING Art Games – Bremen, Germany
Last week we congratulated KING Art for achieving their initial Kickstarter goal, and this week they’re considerably closer to obtaining the first of many stretch goals. Battle Worlds: Kronos aims to create an evolved Turn Based Strategy game with a measured approach to planning, decision making, and clever tactics. KING Art has a firm stance against additional content being locked behind a paywall, and their affirmation of no online DRM should also get PC gamers excited. KING Art hopes to inject additional content to the game by means of stretch goals before their Kickstarter ends on April 28th. There’s still plenty of time to head over and fund this unique project.
CONSORTIUM – Interdimensional Games – Vancouver, Canada
Interdimensional Games boasts that CONSORTIUM will tear away the “fourth wall”, meaning it will more meaningfully connect the player to the game world. Through the use of a satellite called iDGi-1 that’s present in our world were able to traverse to a parallel utopian universe, and inhabit the body of a human being known as Bishop Six. This universe is no longer prey to hunger or energy limitations, but shortly after you inhabit Bishop Six a long forgotten enemy re-emerges to threaten the human race. CONSORTIUM is being defined as a micro RPG, and offers a massive amount of freedom to the player. CONSORTIUM is about 70% complete on it’s initial Kickstarter goal, and has fourteen days left.
Check out CONSORTIUM’s Kickstarter Campaign
Divinity: Original Sin – Larian Studios – Sacramento, Ca
The creators of the Divinity series have taken to Kickstarter to fund their dream RPG. In a nutshell the creators have this statement summarizing the project:
“Picture a modern version of a world not unlike that of Ultima VII, that can be explored either alone or with a friend, that sees you engage adversaries in tactical turn-based combat reminiscent of the great turn-based RPGs of the past. A world that is filled to the brim with choice and consequence situations, reactive NPCs, and a considerable amount of surprises. A world that captures the feeling of playing pen and paper RPGs with our friends. Then add the new stuff…” – Vision statement for Divinity: Original Sin
Plenty of attractive features are also outlined:
- Divinity:Original Sin is an Isometric cRPG.
- You can play in single player mode but also in cooperative multiplayer mode
- It’s a real epic CRPG so even in multiplayer, you’re engaging in much more than just combat and item fever. A nifty cooperative dialog system, a highly reactive world, a deep character development system and plenty of choice and consequence situations see to that.
- You can create your own RPG adventures with our powerful RPG editor and shareor play them with friends
- Combat is very tactical. It is turn-based and features things like skill and spell combos, attacks of opportunity, action points and much more.
- Exploration is greatly rewarded.
- You can develop your character(s) to fit your playstyle using our classless skill and stats system.
- There are countless item interactions and item combinations waiting to be discovered.
- No Divinity game is complete without music composed by the brilliant Kirill Pokrovsky.
In 2010 Larian Studios struck out on their own to develop Divinity: Original Sin with the profits from the original Divinity games, and seeks to independently publish Divinity: Original Sin. That’s where Kickstarter comes in.
Visit Divinity: Orignal Sin’s Kickstarter Campaign to help make this game a reality! Larian is currently 77% of the way to it’s initial goal.
There you have it! Some great crowd funded games to sink your hard earned cash into. The difference here is that the price of admission is much less than usual, and you know you’re helping fund a unique gaming experience.
Latest posts by Dylan Zellmer (see all)
- Infamous: Second Son Pre-order Bonuses Detailed – September 9, 2013
- Capcom’s Releases It’s First Deep Down Gameplay Trailer – September 9, 2013
- PlayStation 4 Japanese Release Date Announced – September 9, 2013