Kickstarter Projects You Should Pay Attention To #1
This is our first edition of Kickstarter Projects YOU should pay attention to! We’ll be starting off with two great projects that end next month. One is a Turn Based Strategy game, and the other is a micro RPG. Both projects are unique, engaging, and ultimately worthy of your backing.
CONSORTIUM – Interdimensional Games, Vancouver, Canada
This title looks to create a living, breathing, evolving RPG experience. This is achieved via the Consortium Command Vessel, C-3800-D “ZENLIL. The crew of the Consortium will react to your presence accordingly, otherwise they will go about their daily tasks uninterrupted. Your character Bishop Six is a peacekeeper in the future world of Consortium set in 2042. This is a world wherein your character is under your complete control. Your interactions, combat, inventory, and skills are all open to interpretation based on the user. The great thing about Consortium is the ability to play to your preference. Akin to Deus Ex you may go the entire game without combat, or you can choose the direct approach guns blazing, it’s all up to you. With a hefty cast of 21 completely fleshed out characters your interactions will hold real weight, and help to shape your experience.
Consortium’s Kickstarter Campaign is open until April 18th, and has around 25% of it’s total funding goal behind it.
Battle Worlds: Kronos – KING Art Games, Bremen, Germany
Developer KING Art Games are enormous fans of Turn Based Strategy, and they wanted to help bring the genre back to it’s glory days. With Battle Worlds: Kronos there’s the promise of:
- True, challenging turn-based strategy gameplay.
- Get the FULL game in a box or as a download, nothing less.
- No DLC scheme, no micro-transactions.
- No DRM. No “always-on” necessity. See that SimCity!?
The amount of game modes are also looking seriously promising:
- Single Player Campaign
- Single Player Challenge Maps
- Live Multiplayer
- Asynchronous Multiplayer (think Words With Friends, or better yet chess)
- Map Editors
Battle Worlds: Kronos’ Kickstarter is open until April 28th and is nearly 50% funded.
That’s it for our first edition! Take part in crowd funding, and help independent developers realize their dreams.
Latest posts by Dylan Zellmer (see all)
- Infamous: Second Son Pre-order Bonuses Detailed – September 9, 2013
- Capcom’s Releases It’s First Deep Down Gameplay Trailer – September 9, 2013
- PlayStation 4 Japanese Release Date Announced – September 9, 2013