Unwritten: That Which Happened Kickstarter Campaign
A fantastic Kickstarter campaign is wrapping up tomorrow at 11pm CST. Unwritten: That Which Happened is a turn based strategy game slated for an August 2013 PC release. I love RTS, and Unwritten looks like it’ll be adding some really great seasoning to the familiar recipe. Here’s some details to sink your teeth into:
- Delve into a turn based strategy game with meaningful, permanent decisions.
- Play as successive generations of a nomadic clan, passing stories and legends down through the ages.
- Experience infinite novelty through randomly generated maps, units, abilities, and enemies.
- Make decisions that become a part of your personal “story”, affecting your ability to barter and ally with rival clans.
- Make the trek to “God Mountain”, a place of final judgement and potential glory.
- Experience a rich, exotic world inspired by international traditions of story-telling.
- Make your own game modules using the same tools the developer used to make the game.
Developer Roxlou Games describes it’s title as a mix of Sid Meier’s Civilization meets Oregon Trail. The important aspects plucked out of those titles vary, but two that come to mind almost immediately are “perma-death” and the evolution of your group/faction. Unwritten will have both of those characteristics in tow. There’s tons more story elements available on Roxlou’s Kickstarter Campaign as well as more screenshots.
Latest posts by Dylan Zellmer (see all)
- Infamous: Second Son Pre-order Bonuses Detailed – September 9, 2013
- Capcom’s Releases It’s First Deep Down Gameplay Trailer – September 9, 2013
- PlayStation 4 Japanese Release Date Announced – September 9, 2013